GETTING STARTED WITH PRIDE
Welcome Apartment Managers!
- To set-up service for your Apartment Complex, please call our office at 503-625-6177
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Garbage container styles & sizes: We provide a variety of garbage receptacles to fit your needs. Lidded metal containers come in 1-yard to 8-yard sizes. Residential-style roll carts come in 20-, 32-, 60-, and 90-gallon sizes. We will consult with you to determine the right ones for you.
Avoiding extra garbage fees: If extra garbage is picked up, a charge is assessed. If you do not want the driver to take extras without a request from you first, please ask us to set the account up in that way.
For all containers make sure:
- The garbage container lids are always closed (no overflow)
- All garbage is in sealed bags, especially Styrofoam or packing peanuts, to reduce litter and odor
- There is no trash on the ground around the containers
- There are no cars, toys, etc., within 10 feet of the containers (for access by our drivers)
Oversized items: If you have items too big to fit in your containers (such as furniture, mattresses, appliances, etc.), we can pick them up for a reasonable fee; go to the Bulky Item Pickup page.
HOW BASIC SERVICE WORKS FOR YOUR APARTMENT COMPLEX
Garbage and recycling pick-up: Containers and roll carts must be accessible to our drivers on your pick-up day.
Container Placement: We will discuss placement and driver access when we deliver your container(s). Commercial containers are emptied using front-load equipment and straight-on access is required.
Extra charges: If we are unable to empty the container and you would like us to come back before your next regular pick up day, there may be an extra fee.
Container maintenance: Pride Disposal provides maintenance for the containers that we supply you with. Please help us keep them clean and call immediately if repairs are needed.
Co-Mingle Recycling Service...
Recycling container styles & sizes: For your recyclables, you can order front load containers or 90-gallon roll carts. Glass bottles & jars are recycled in a separate roll cart. We will consult with you to decide which containers are best for your property.
Contamination: If your recycling container is contaminated with any material that is not allowed, it will not be emptied and will need to be cleaned out before the next recycling pick-up.
Recycling Information: The more we recycle, the less garbage we put into landfills! Pride customers have a great reputation for a high ratio of recycling to garbage. It’s important to follow the recycling rules for your area.
- We can provide you with copies of “Recycling with Pride” for all your apartment residents.
- For information on how to dispose of hazardous waste, go to Apartment Recycling.
- Go to the Pride Recycling Depot page for a list of additional items that can be recycled at our on-site facility.
Do not put these in any of your containers (garbage or recycling):
- NO medical waste, including needles, syringes, lancets
- NO wet paint
- NO chemicals
- NO oil
- NO dirt, rocks, or concrete
- NO hot ashes
Safety first! If you have any doubt, please call us before placing questionable items into your containers. Some materials offer extreme safety concerns for you, our drivers, sorters, and the environment. Doing your part will help your living areas stay safe and clean. Thank you!
Hazardous Waste Disposal: Free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events are held throughout our area on a regular basis. Contact METRO for the next event near you (503-234-3000). There are also two facilities for year-round drop-off: the Metro Central Station, 6161 NW 61st Ave., Portland; and the Metro South Station, 2001 Washington St., Oregon City.
CHANGES TO YOUR SCHEDULED SERVICE
One week advance notice to change service: If you wish to make any changes to your service, please let us know at least one week prior to the change.
Bad weather conditions: Severe weather conditions may prevent our drivers from staying on schedule. Normally, if local school bus routes are cancelled or delayed, Pride's will be, too. We will attempt to pick up your materials the following day. If we are still unable to service your area, we will contact you to arrange pick-up as quickly as possible, at no additional charge. In the event of a service interruption caused by weather, we will provide live updates to our customers on our website and our social media pages.
- Pride drivers work all holidays except Christmas and New Year’s Day. During these holiday weeks, service will be one day later from the holiday through the end of the week. For example, if the holiday falls on a Thursday: Thursday customers will be picked up on Friday, Friday customers will be picked up on Saturday.
- The Pride office is closed for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
BEYOND THE BASICS
Pride Disposal Company offers a full line of hauling and special services for our Apartment customers. We’re competitively priced and committed to helping you streamline your process.
- Bulky Item Pick-Up - too big for your SmartCar? We're your friend with a truck!
- Yard Debris service in 60-gallon roll carts (ask for details)
- Drop Boxes - a range of sizes for temporary or permanent use
Pride Recycling Company offers:
- Document Destruction service - schedule our shred truck to come to your Apartment complex
- Pride Recycling Depot – you can bring additional recyclables to our Sherwood location, including documents to shred
Contact our office to order any of these special services.