GETTING STARTED WITH PRIDE
Welcome Commercial Customers!
Commercial Garbage Service...
- To set-up service for your business, please call our office at 503-625-6177 and dial extension 1 to speak with a Commercial Service representative.
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Container styles & sizes: We provide a variety of garbage receptacles to fit your needs. Lidded metal containers come in 1-yard to 8-yard sizes. Residential-style roll carts come in 20-, 32-, 60-, and 90-gallon sizes. We will consult with you to help determine your best options.
Bag your garbage: Garbage should be bagged before placing in the trash container, especially Styrofoam or packing peanuts. Bagging garbage helps prevent litter, helps prevent materials from getting stuck in the container, and reduces odor.
Avoiding extra garbage fees: If extra garbage is picked up, a charge is assessed. You can avoid these fees by making sure lids on the garbage containers are completely closed (no overflow), and there are no bags on the ground around the receptacle. If you do not want the driver to take extras without a request from you first, please ask us to set the account up in that way.
BASIC COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Garbage and recycling pick-up:
- Industrial lidded metal containers must be accessible to our drivers on your pick-up day at all hours
- Residential-style cans or roll carts must be out for pick-up by 6:00am on your designated pick-up day
Container Placement: We will discuss placement and driver access when we deliver your container(s). Commercial containers are emptied using front-load equipment and straight-on access is required.
Extra pick-up fees: If we are unable to empty the container and you would like us to come back before your next regular pick up day, there may be an extra fee.
Container maintenance: Pride Disposal provides maintenance for the containers that we supply you with. Please call immediately if replacement or repairs are needed.
Co-Mingle Recycling Service...
- For information about your business recycling options and guidelines go to Commercial Recycling.
- Go to the Pride Recycling Depot page for a list of additional items that can be recycled at our on-site facility.
CHANGES TO YOUR SCHEDULED SERVICE
One week advance notice to start, stop, or change service: If you wish to make any changes to your service, please let us know at least one week in advance.
Bad Weather: Bad weather conditions: Severe weather conditions may prevent our drivers from staying on schedule. Normally, if local school bus routes are cancelled or delayed, Pride's will be, too. We will attempt to pick up your materials the following day. If we are still unable to service your area, we will contact you to arrange pick-up as quickly as possible, at no additional charge. In the event of a service interruption caused by weather, we will provide live updates to our customers on our website and our social media pages.
- Pride drivers work all holidays except Christmas and New Year’s Day. During these holiday weeks, service will be one day later from the holiday through the end of the week. For example, if the holiday falls on a Thursday: Thursday customers will be picked up on Friday, Friday customers will be picked up on Saturday.
- The Pride office is closed for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
BEYOND THE BASICS
Pride offers a full line of hauling and special services for our non-residential customers. We’re competitively priced and committed to helping you streamline your process. Please call for rates.
- Recycling services: additional containers can be provided for clean wood and scrap metal recycling
- Yard Debris service in 60-gallon roll carts (ask for details)
- Bulky Item Pickup to haul away items too large for your current container
- Drop Box service a range of sizes for temporary or permanent use
- On-Call Pickup - only when you need us
- And more...we can provide you with desk-side recycling boxes, educational materials, whatever you may need.
Pride Recycling Company offers:
- Document Destruction service – schedule our shred truck to come to your home or business
- Pride Recycling Depot – you can bring additional recyclables (except motor oil) to our Sherwood location, including documents to shred